Xiaomi to Launch ‘Desh Ka Smartphone’ on 30th November
Xiaomi announced the launch of a new Redmi smartphone on 30th November, after the launch of Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite in the new ‘Y series’ in India. The company is calling it ‘Desh Ka Smartphone’, so might be it will likely be a budget phone. This could the Redmi 5A that was introduced in China last month as the successor to the Redmi 4A. It could be introduced under a different name or it might entirely be a different smartphone, which we will have to wait to see since the Redmi 4A is still on sale in the country.
The official Twitter handle of Xiaomi has tweeted an image informing about the launch of the new phone. Xiaomi India tweeted, “A new Redmi smartphone is coming your way on Nov 30! Aa raha hai #DeshKaSmartphone.”
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Features
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 72% (typ) / 68% (min) color gamut
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 mm x 8.35 mm; Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum)
Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold and Rose Gold colors and was unveiled for 599 yuan (US$ 90 / Rs. 5880 approx.) in China.