Xiaomi Redmi Y1 with Snapdragon 435, 16MP Front Camera Launched in India
Xiaomi introduced the company’s latest budget smartphone Redmi Y1 in the ‘Redmi Y’ series in India. It is the re-branded Redmi Note 5A mobile phone that was introduced in China in August. It has a 5.5-inch HD screen, is powered by Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform, runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI on top, packs a 13 MP rear camera and a 16 MP front-facing camera with LED flash for both.
The smartphone has a brushed metal-like finish on the back with aluminium alloy frame, has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds, comes with dedicated dual SIM and a microSD expansion slots arranged in a single tray and packs a 3080mAh battery. The company also announced Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif as brand ambassador for the series.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y1 comes in Gold and Dark Gray colors, is priced at Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version is priced at Rs. 10,999 and will be available exclusively on Amazon.in as well as Mi.com starting November 8th.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Features
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 450 nits brightness, 1000: 1 Contrast ratio, 70% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 8, upgradable to MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash, OmniVision sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 76.4-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 153× 76.2 × 7.7mm; Weight: 153g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLOASS
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery