Xiaomi Mi TV 4 with 55-inch 4K HDR Display Launched for Rs 39999 in India
Xiaomi has launched the company’s Mi TV 4 on Wednesday in India, along with Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro. The company claims Mi TV 4 as world’s thinnest LED TV and was introduced at the CES 2017 and then went on sale in China in May last year. It comes with a 4K panel with support for HDR and has a 4.9mm slim frameless design.
It has Patch Wall, a UI layer on top of the Android OS that’s based on deep learning AI technology that can curate content based on recommendations. It brings all the content from the STB and seamlessly integrates right on your homepage.
It sports a 11-button remote that also has Bluetooth so users don’t have to point at the TV to control it. The remote also combines Smart TV and STB experience seamlessly with Mi IR Cable that individuals have to simply Plug-n-Play with no configuration required. For content, Xiaomi has tied up with Hotstar, SunNxt, Voot, Sony LIV, Hungama and much more. Xiaomi says that it comes with 500K+ hrs of content, and around 80 percent of all content will be free to watch. There is no word on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video support.
Xiaomi is supporting all the major set-top boxes out of the box that involves 35K+ DTH/Cable operators across 48 different brands. It also has support for Indian languages (12 system and 14 content), apart from English. It will be unveiling profiles later this year, which will personalize content for each and every family member according to their taste.
Xiaomi Mi TV 4 comes with a price tag of Rs. 39,999 and will be available exclusively on Flipkart along with Mi.com and Mi Home Stores from February 22. It also comes with free three months subscription to Sony LIV and Hugama, Mi IR cable and on-site installation for first three of launch.
Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Features
- 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8 ms
- 1.8GHz quad-core Amlogic Cortex A53 SoC with up to 750MHz Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 2GB DDR4 dual-channel RAM, 8GB internal memory (eMMC 5.1)
- MIUI TV with PatchWall AI based on Android
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz) 2X2, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Mi Port, 3 x HDMI 2.0, AV, 1 x USB 2.0 x 1, USB 3.0 x 1, Ethernet
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps, MPEG1 / 2/4 DivX4 the VC-1 / WMV3 1080P at 60 fps, REAL 8/9/10 1080P at 30 fps
- 2x 8W speaker for DOLBY AUDIO, DTS-HD
For more news on gadgets and also updates about the latest mobile launch, new mobile launch in India keep on visiting NewMobileArena. You can also follow us on Facebook.