Xiaomi Introduces Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus Images Ahead of Launch
Xiaomi has confirmed the launch of Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus smartphones at an event on 7th December in China. Now the company has released set of images of the mobile phones to show the full-screen display. Xiaomi global spokesperson Donovan Sung has shared four pictures of the phones on Twitter, giving us a sneak preview.
Sung says in his Twitter post, “Is everyone ready for the all-new Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus? We’re launching these two new devices in China on Thursday Dec 7. Giving everyone a sneak preview!”
The images reveal that both the mobile phones have the front camera on the right side of the earpiece and two holes on the left, so one could be selfie flash, just like the Redmi Note 5A/ Redmi Y1. On the top there is a 3.5mm audio jack, secondary microphone and Infrared sensor and these could come with dedicated slots, just like the Redmi Note 5A.
It shows a large camera sensor on the back with LED flash below it and a fingerprint sensor below that that coincide with images from TENAA. It seems like it will use on-screen buttons, even though there is a bezel below the screen. The loudspeaker grill and the micro USB port are present on the bottom.
The back is expected to feature brushed metallic finish and aluminium alloy frame to reduce the heat, just like the Redmi Note 5A.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Rumored Features
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8 × 72.8 × 7.7mm; Weight: 157g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3200mAh battery
There are still no detailed specifications of Redmi 5 Plus, but the phone is expected to come with a bigger screen and a 4000mAh battery. Both Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus will come in Black, Light Blue, Gold and Rose Gold color variants.