Sony Launched A7R III 42MP Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
Sony has announced the latest camera A7R III (ILCE-7RM3) in the mirrorless camera lineup and the successor of A7R II that was unveiled back in 2015. Sony A7R III has a 42.4 MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor with shooting speeds at up to 10 fps with full AF/AE tracking, wide 15-stop dynamic range, 4K video recording, high sensitivity with noise reduction of almost a full stop and much more.
The camera has new front-end LSI that efficiently doubles the readout speed of the image sensor, as well as an updated BIONZ X processing-engine offers up to 1.8 times faster processing speed compared to the A7R II. It also has an upgraded focusing system with 399 focal-plane phase-detection AF points that cover roughly 68% of the image area in both the horizontal and vertical directions. The Sony A7R III also has 425 contrast AF points, an expansion of 400 points compared to the A7R II. It has the same compact, lightweight body as the predecessor.
The Sony A7R III full-frame interchangeable lens camera is priced at $US 3,200 (approximately Rs. 2,08,370). It has also announced new FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS Standard Zoom (SEL24105G) full-frame E-mount lens that is priced at US$ 1,300 (approximately Rs. 84,585). Both these will ship in November in the U.S. and Canada.
Sony A7R III Features
- 35mm Full-Frame 42.4 MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Silent Shooting or Mechanical Shutter and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 399 phase-detection AF points covering 68% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and approximately 2 times more effective Eye AF
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.5 step shutter speed advantage
- 1.3 cm (0.5-type) 3.69-million-dot QVGA OLED electronic viewfinder
- 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT LCD Touch screen
- ISO range of 100 – 32000 (expandable to ISO 50 – 102400 for still images) and 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivity settings
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Dual SD Card Slots, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C Terminal and more
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Compact, Lightweight body at 657g