SanDisk Launches 265GB USB 3.1 and 1TB USB-C Flash Drives at CES 2018
Western Digital announced the world’s smallest 256GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive at the Consumer Electronics Show 2018 (CES 2018). It unveiled world’s smallest 128GB USB 3.0 Ultra Fit Flash Drive back in 2015. Along with 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive, the company also showcased the prototype of world’s smallest 1TB USB Type-C flash drive. This will enable users to store an enormous amount of data in one tiny form factor. This 1TB flash drive is still in prototype stage, but you can expect it to ship by end of this year or early 2019.
SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 flash drive Features
- Transfer up to 15 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives; up to 130MB/s read speed
- SanDisk SecureAccess software for password protection and 128-bit encryption
- RescuePRO file recovery software
- USB 3.1 (Gen 1) enabled (USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 backward compatible)
- Available capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drives will be available at $21.99 (Rs. 1,400 approximately), $34.99 (Rs. 2,230 approximately), $59.99 (Rs. 3,820 approximately), $119.99 (Rs. 7640 approximately) and $149.99 (Rs. 9550 approximately) for 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities, respectively. No details about the cost and availability of 1TB USB Type-C flash drive yet.