Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo Update Now Available in India
Samsung started rolling out Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo update in India. The Oreo update brings Samsung Experience 9.0 replacing older 8.5 version along with several features. Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo update is about 1.47GB in size, features firmware version N950FXXU3CRC1, and also has March Android security patch.
To manually check the availability of the Android 8.0 Oreo update on Samsung Galaxy Note 8, you have to go to Settings > Software Update > Download updates manually. It is also recommended to back up your important data before starting the update process. Also, Apps such as Samsung Pay, Samsung Internet, Samsung Notes, and Email, should be updated individually ahead of starting the Android update.
Here is what’s new in Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo update
Improvements for features biometrics that use face, fingerprints, and irises are only available to unlock the smartphone.
– Manage notifications for supported Apps only
–Bottom icons for notifications that aren’t currently visible
– Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
– Notification badges on app icons are linked with the notification panel. Clear a notification in one location, and it will also be cleared in the other location.
– The toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
– The GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs.
– More high-contrast keyboards are available.
– Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
– Currently, running apps will always be shown in the notification panel.
– Enhanced font size, color, and other settings for better Edge panel visibility
– Touch and hold the Edge panel handle to change its position.
– Added 3 more Edge lighting effects and color customization for apps.
Lock Screen and Always on Display
– New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display.
– Adjust the transparency of notifications to get the look you want.
– Let your phone’s screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.
– Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
– Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.
– View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
– Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
– Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
– See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.
Find My Mobile
– Back up Secure Folder remotely in Samsung Cloud when your phone is lost.
– Lock Samsung Pass using Find My Mobile.
– See more apps at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
– Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
– Added support for 2 additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
– Bluetooth now supports high-quality audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC.
– Video player includes auto repeat and 2x speed option.
– Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
– Email lets you flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails.
– Samsung Health’s new sticky notification lets you see your step count at a glance.
– Clock now includes a Landscape mode and timer sound options.
– The digital clock widget goes directly to the Clock app when you tap it.
– Samsung Pass added the ability to manage usernames and passwords in third-party apps.
– Integrated LinkedIn content will no longer be shown in Email, Calendar, or Contacts.
For more news on Software updates and also news about the latest mobile launch, mobile phones prices in India, new mobile launch in India keep on visiting New Mobile Arena. You can also follow us on Facebook.