Nokia 8 with 5.3-inch Quad HD display launched in India for Rs. 36999
HMD Global unveiled its flagship Nokia 8 smartphone in India. It was announced last month and packs a 5.3-inch Quad HD display with sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is also upgradable to Android O update. It has 13-megapixel dual rear cameras, one with a color sensor and the other with a monochrome sensor for low light and dedicated black and white photography. It also has ZEISS optics and OIS. It is also Splashproof with IP54 ratings.
It has Dual-Sight technology that uses both front and back cameras simultaneously, fusing both images together into one photo or video file. There is also a 13MP auto focus front camera with PDAF and wide angle lens.
It also has organic full aluminium unibody design, machined from a single block of 6000 series aluminum, then polished into a luxury mirror finish. Nokia OZO spatial 360-degree audio uses the phone’s 3 microphones and Nokia acoustic technology algorithms to capture the sound in incredible detail then allow playback on the Nokia 8, YouTube and other supporting devices.
The Nokia 8 comes in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue and Steel colors with Polished Copper coming few weeks after launch, is priced at Rs. 36,999 and will be available from October 14th on Amazon.in online as well as select retail stores across India. Check out the Nokia 8 hands-on and unboxing.
Nokia 8 Feautres:
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 700 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android O
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- Splashproof (IP54)
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0