Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Apple Pencil Support Introduced Starting at Rs 28000
Apple has introduced a new Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Apple Pencil support in the US. The new iPad is powered by the A10 Fusion chip and sports a 9.7-inch Retina display. The new iPad 9.7 comes in Silver, Gold and Space Gray color versions and is priced at $299 (Rs. 19,385 approximately) for school students without any add-ons and $329 (Rs. 21,330 approximately) for consumers. New models will be available to order from today and shipping will start this week.
With Apple Pencil support, the documentation app, Pages is now compatible with “Smart Annotation” which essentially lets users scribble over a file. Furthermore, the new Apple 9.7-inch iPad features Touch ID, an HD FaceTime camera, 10 hours of battery life, an 8-megapixel rear camera which can record 1080p videos, LTE option. The iBooks author app lets Teachers stitch digital books together. Apple 9.7-inch iPad runs on iOS 11.
Additionally, there is also a new accessory, the Logitech Crayon stylus that comes with a price tag of $49 (Rs. 3,180 approximately) and a new rugged keyboard case. The Apple pencil is priced at $89 (Rs. 5,770 approximately) for students and for everyone else, it costs $99 (Rs. 6,420 approximately).
In India, it will be available through Apple Authorized Resellers from April starting at Rs. 28000 for the 32GB with Wi-Fi model while Rs. 38600 for the 32GB Wi-Fi plus Cellular model. Apple Pencil is available for purchase separately for Rs. 7600.
Apple iPad 9.7-inch Features
- 9.7 inch (2048×1536 pixels) Fully laminated Retina Display with 264 ppi, Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating, Supports Apple Pencil
- A10 Fusion chip with M10 coprocessor motion coprocessor
- 32/128GB variants
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- iOS 11
- 8 MP 1080p camera, f/2.4 aperture, Panorama (up to 43MP)
- 1.2MP HD front-facing FaceTime HD camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- Dimensions: 240x 169.5x 7.5mm; Weight: 469g (WiFi) / 478g (WiFi + Cellular)
- 32.4-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
For more news on Tablets and also updates about the latest Apple mobile phones in India, new mobile launch in India keep on visiting our website. You can also follow us on Facebook.